Investments - Annuities
Annuities for income you can count on.
What is an annuity?
For those who want a guaranteed income, annuities are a popular choice. An annuity is like a mortgage payment that works in reverse. In exchange for your initial investment, you receive regular income payments back that contain both interest and principal. But unlike a mortgage that would typically end after a specific period, the income payments can be guaranteed for the rest of your life.
Peace of mind for you:
- A dependable, guaranteed source of income - your income can last for life, or a chosen period of time.
- Income protection for your spouse - your income can be based on two people's lives to guarantee future income for both you and your spouse.
- Payment guarantees - ensure a specific amount is paid to you or your beneficiaries, no matter what happens.
- Tax advantages - for non-registered funds, partial tax-deferral is available for your income.
- Simplicity - a single lump sum investment can provide financial security without the need for ongoing investment decisions.
- Peace of mind - you'll rest assured knowing that your income source will not be exposed to volatile financial markets.